Awesome Labor Day Weekend!

Oh my gosh! How did I leave out starting my weekend at the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion?  From the wheelchair races to the "twerking grandmas," it kind of defies description.  I have been to a few live TJMS but somehow this one seemed more fun with a group of friends.  I didn't get to take any pics with the celebs but I took a few of them and I will share them below.  It was very touching seeing Sabrina Fulton on stage and actually feeling the love and support in the room for her loss.  To me, it's always a source of pride seeing that many folks getting together and getting along.  It was a great way to kick off Labor day weekend.

Huggy Lowdown at the Alstate TJFR

J Anthony Brown


Tom Joyner

This has been a truly wonderful weekend! I had a chance to spend time with family and friends, went to some great parties and got a chance to rest, a little.  I am thankful for all the blessings I enjoy.

The Day Party at Ember was truly epic!  As evidenced by the fact that I never made it to the after party at Ceviche...  The game on Sunday was great notwithstanding the fact that it was hot as fish grease out there.  It was beyond wonderful seeing the FAMU Marching 100 take the field again.  Because if you didn't know I am a Rattler from the womb to the tomb!

Sunday, there was a really nice party at Loft 55.  It was a party that DJ Saxwell had been planning but was not able to bring to fruition due to his untimely death.  Thankfully, Comedian Tight Mike and Pat Nix were able to make it happen.  The midnight toast was bittersweet but a fitting tribute to our good friend.

This was a weekend that lived up to and exceeded the expectations of the Ultimate Party Animal.  I hope you enjoyed the weekend.  I'm about to get dressed and head out to yet another event.  A birthday celebration.  Enjoy your Labor Day and be safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"