The Realization of a life-long dream



This is dedicated to all the “haters;” the ones who branded me a “lazy slacker.”  You know who you are…  The most satisfying revenge is success!  I thank God and my supporters for the realization of a life-long dream – the publishing of my first book: “Life is a Precious Gift; details to follow about the book signing and celebration.  I hope all who care to will be able to join us for the party.  And now, I present a preview of my first book.  I certainly hope you enjoy the preview and that you buy the book too so that you will be ready for the book signing party! 




“So what is it like to have a condition 30 plus years before anyone actually understands what Asperger’s Syndrome means?”  That and other questions are answered in this book.  Originally, this book was written with the idea of it just being an autobiography.  At some point it stopped being so self-serving and became a way to help others who suffer from Autism Spectrum Disorders.  Certainly it can even help some that have yet to be diagnosed with the disorder.
In the book, there is also a discussion about how getting the diagnosis for my son caused me to closely examine several aspects of my own life.  Perhaps it will generate some introspection in others.  It was amazing to see how many things   became understandable once I examined them through an Asperger’s looking glass.  “Things like being in a room full of people but feeling alone…  Things like remembering useless facts that seem obscure to most people…Things like becoming lost in my own world and being perfectly content to stay there a while…’’
The take away is making people aware that it is entirely possible to live a happy, productive life while dealing with Asperger’s Syndrome.  People should also be aware that knowing they have the condition can help them avoid needless pain and suffering and make life so much easier for them and their families.  However, if you want to know anything else, you will just have to read the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"