Book Dedication to Sheldon H. "DJ Saxwell" Martinez


I thought I would work on this dedication while the pain is still so fresh and new.  I cannot believe you are actually gone.  I will miss you every day for the rest of my life; that is why I am dedicating this book to you.
 

Where do I begin Sax?  You made everyone you came in contact with feel special.  You were an amazing man.  I’m sitting here trying to define our relationship but I don’t know that I can.  I mean certainly we were fond of one another but it was strictly platonic, right?  Hmmmm?  I know for certain my biological brother never smacked me on the ass…but I digress.

I was introduced to you through mutual friends at a party where you were working.  I had been invited to attend Monday Night Martini events but somehow, I never really made it until one week I finally did.  I think that may have been back in 2010, or 2011, I don’t know?  What I do know is that my life has never been the same since then.  I think I had met you prior to becoming involved with MNM so I guess I met or passed the membership requirements.

I think you brought out the best in people.  We rarely disagreed but it didn’t matter because you were going to be right regardless.  We spent a lot of time together but were we as close as we could have been?  Probably not but that is the issue at hand.  I don’t allow many folks to get that close to me Sax and you were one of them and then you had to go and get yourself killed.  “I am mad at you!  You didn’t have to go out like that bruh…”  However, I do know that when your number is up, you’re done.

Oh, and on a final note.  That was real cute what you did with the phone at Soiree’.  People might think I’m imaging things in the midst of my grief but I know it was you screwing with me one last time.  You got me my friend.  Rest in peace Suga Bear.

Comments

Unknown said…
That's the thing about Sheldon, to know him is to love him. Even if he met you for a minute years ago he never forgot you. I miss you Sheldon my friend for life. Words will never describe how I feel now that you are no longer a phone call away.
Unknown said…
I was just telling my sister a story from back-in-the-day when I worked with Sheldon at Burger King, which prompted me to see if I could maybe find him on FB. It breaks my heart to learn he has passed. On more than one occasion he was my knight in shining armor. Very thankful that I had the opportunity to know and call such a wonderful man friend. Peace be with you Saxwell!

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

Hi-Tech's Virtual School's Out Summer Camp 2020