I’m Still on Cloud Nine…

I’m still absorbing the fact that the President of the United States is a Black man! President Barack Obama. Wow! That’s quite a concept to “wrap your head around.” I guess all the “gloom and doomers” are able to see that we have had a Black president for a while now and the world hasn’t come to an end. In fact, I think he’s doing a pretty good job! I’m sure it’s somewhat overwhelming dealing with all the “stuff” he inherited on day one! To paraphrase the president, “This mess was waiting for me on my desk in the Oval Office tied with a nice bow!” I pray for him every day and every night! I know he said if he doesn’t do the job, he should be fired but I hate to think about who would be his replacement.

I am so proud beyond belief of how the first black “First Family” is conducting themselves. What an inspiration it is to see Mrs. Michelle Obama on the cover of Vogue! How wonderful it is to see those adorable little girls and how smart, respectful and well-behaved they are. I love that the First Grandma has moved in! I know that since my husband’s illness, my mother has been an invaluable part of our lives. She provides the stability in my son’s life that only a real grandma can. Everyone in America has an opportunity to see that black men and women love each other; that little black children know how to behave; that we know how to treat our seniors and that they are valuable contributors to our family structure. I only wish that the country didn’t have to be in the midst of the mess we are in for Americans to finally realize that they could give a black man a chance to be elected President of the United States.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"