Are You Better Off Now Than You Were Eight Years Ago?

Let’s leave politics out of the discussion for just a minute. I have one simple question for you – are you better off now than you were eight years ago? For me, that’s a “loaded” question. I wasn’t married yet and I didn’t have any children of my own. I was also eight years younger. I was a divorce’ dating seriously a man that had a young son. Seriously dating a man who is visually impaired. That’s a story for another time. To answer the question; I’m pretty sure I’m better off now because my darling boy wasn’t born until 2004! However, not to be selfish, this country is most certainly not better off. I was in a class where I was informed that we are not to say derogatory things about our leaders because they were placed in their position by God. I’m going to have to pray about that one some more because I think President George Bush should be held accountable for the mess this country is in right now. It might not be entirely his fault but I’m pretty sure his lack of leadership had a great deal to do with it. Senator McCain said the other night that he’s not George Bush. No, Senator McCain, you are not George Bush but it seems to have taken you a long time to come to that realization.

I am very disturbed by the way things are going in this country right now. I am sometimes afraid to turn on the television because of all the bad news. I pray daily and nightly to try to have some peace of mind. I know how blessed we are to have a nice place to live but if something doesn’t “break” soon, that might even be in jeopardy. Unlike many people, I have excellent prospects for a great income but I am concerned about how that will work out with the economy heading full steam towards a recession. I know in my heart that if we wake up on November 5th and John McCain has somehow managed to win the election, the world will continue to turn and life will go on but I don’t think that it will be a very pleasant world.

I know as a Christian, that God is in control. I know that everything will work out. However, I would feel a whole lot better if Barack Obama was elected rather than John McCain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"