What A Night…What A Week!

I never thought I’d see it in my lifetime! That’s what I am hearing from a lot of African-Americans. I mean African-Americans of all ages. Senator Obama may not have “made a big deal” in his speech but yesterday was an historic day! Not only was it the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream Speech,” but a black man stood in front of 84,000 of his closest friends with millions more watching and accepted the Democratic nomination for President of the United States! Frankly, I was “blown away!” I took my son to a “speech watching party” because I wanted him to be a part of this historic occasion. There were several thousand people there because the party was part of the Tom Joiner Family Reunion. When Senator Obama was finished speaking, Tom said he felt like dancing so we all did the Cupid Shuffle. It was a beautiful thing to behold. Everyone was dancing and celebrating and rejoicing this wonderful night for America.

I have heard many of Senator Obama’s critics say that he gives great speeches but there is never any substance to what he says. Last night he laid out his plans to get us out of this mess we’re in. I’m sure there is going to be harsh criticism of his plans. I wonder what they are going to say now that Senator McCain has picked a Vice President that has even less “experience” than Senator Obama. Is Senator McCain trying to get Hillary supporters by nominating a woman? Why this particular woman? Who is she?

Now I know a little about who Sara Palin is.. She’s a Pat Buchanan-supporting, extremist. I guess that’s what Senator McCain feels he needs to “shore up” his base. I can’t believe any true Democrat would desert her party because of hurt feelings or anger. Are Hillary Clinton’s supporters still so upset that they would support a ticket that would most certainly overturn Roe v. Wade? I don’t like the whole connotation that if you’re pro choice, you’re pro death. What if all the unwanted babies were allowed to be brought into this world anyway? They might end up like poor Caylee Anthony. I don’t know about you but I hate to think about the possibility of “a whole bunch” more missing and abused children!

I think Senator Obama did an excellent job in laying out his plans for America. I am going to try to keep an open mind and listen to what Senator McCain says, even if I have to drink some Red Bull to do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"