Why Am I Here…?

I thought I had found my purpose in life. I know we were all created to worship God but we also all have a “calling” in life. Up until now, I thought I was doing what God wanted me to do in helping to educate children. Could I have been so terribly wrong? We’ve had some “rough times” in recent years but I just can’t seem to see what this “very rough patch” we are going through is supposed to be teaching me (us). I really don’t complain; I just “keep plugging.” I have other businesses but I’m still in the process of building them. They really aren’t yielding a “real income” yet. We have “toyed” with the idea of giving up a dozen times or more and just letting whoever wants this tutoring center so bad have it! Maybe they can get the funding we’ve struggled all these years to maintain. I try not to think about where I might be now if I had just left after college and pursued a career elsewhere. I was on my way to Atlanta! I might be “well off” but I might not have my “darling boy.” (I’m stealing a line from my favorite gospel singer whose name I cannot remember right now!) THERE ARE NO SECOND CHANCES!!! You only get one shot at this thing called life. I don’t happen to believe in reincarnation! Maybe we’re just too stubborn to give up? We know the children need our help, whether they want it or not. We know we offer a service that helps working parents at an affordable rate. All the support letters that we were able to take to the Fire Marshall Appeals Board; even though we were denied our appeal, honor us. We know that God is in complete control and we don’t get to decide whether we give up or not! I’m just talking! I’m sure we’ll still be here at least another three years to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We might not be in the same location, but we’ll still be in business. The only way we won’t is if God himself decides it’s time for us to leave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"