Mother’s Day…

As we quickly approach mother’s day, I reflect on what it means to be a mother. What does it mean to be responsible for a “tiny life?” My baby is not so tiny anymore but he’s still my baby. I also have to give “props” to my stepson, Xavier. I did not give birth to him but he was “my first baby” and he is as much mine as if I had given birth to him! After all, biology does not a parent make! I will never forget a conversation we had one day. I was trying to explain to him that Jimmy, his little brother had “come from my stomach” but he had not. He then said that he wished he had come from my stomach. I have never been so touched and I will never forget that conversation! Although most of my husband’s family has done everything that they can to keep us apart, I know one day when he’s old enough to make his own decisions, he’ll come “home to me.” I just want him to know that he can come whenever he wants to come home whether his dad and I are together or not! Parents divorce each other, not the children!

My youngest son, Willie James Cooper, III, is a wonder to behold! Although I don’t remember when I wasn’t his mother, I marvel at the changes and accomplishments he goes through everyday! He is the most handsome, the smartest, the “coolest, “ the most charming child I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing, next to his big brother of course! The blessing God has given me humbles me and I only pray that I will have the knowledge and skill to do half the job raising him that my mother did raising my brother and I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Opening Back Up Soon in a New Location

We're Starting The New Year With FREE TUTORING!

What the Heck is "Dancing for Dollars?"